Saturday 20 October 2007

healing hearts

A wonderful tradition has developed among quilters in recent years - if someone is going through a bad time in their lives, other quilters make a 'healing heart' block and send it to them. Last year at the state guild's annual retreat I was unwell. I'd just had a bit of a flare up of my MS which resulted in a 3-day course of intravenous steroids at the local hospital. On the Saturday afternoon I went back to my room for a few hours sleep. During that time the other retreatees (is that a word?) appliqued a heart block each, put borders on each block and stitched them together into a quilt top! Aren't quilters lovely people?!!

My quilt group back home wanted to contribute as well, so they made flower blocks for the border. All I had to do was quilt it. This quilt is a very special one. Here are some photos so you can share it with me. I'll put some more photos in a separate post.

1 comment:

Fran said...

Glad to see my Cat in the Hat heart, it looks like a wonderful quilt!
hugz,