Sunday 28 October 2007

first quilt for someone else! (and saturday skies)

My friend Prue asked me to quilt a top she'd made out of fabrics she bought in New Zealand. I've been looking at it for a while and no brilliant ideas came. Hmm... I read somewhere that if you keep an art journal you should just write something (anything) on the first page because a blank white page can be so intimidating that some people are scared to start. I decided to translate that idea to quilting. I loaded the quilt and just did a bit of a squiggly line in the small inner border, then I got another idea then another one, and ended up finishing the quilt in 2 days. Good grief...it worked! It turned out okay, but of course I thought of some different ideas after I finished that I didn't think of before I started.


Here's a couple of photos.
The sky on Saturday was grey all day. A couple of showers but not much. Murray was playing bowls and they were able to finish the game. Some friends of ours came over for a couple of hours after tea and we played cards. Murray and I normally play crib but they wanted to play 500's, which I have never played in my life. It was a bit of fun though.

1 comment:

Suzanne Earley said...

You have hit on exactly how I do some of my best quilting -- load it up and just start doing something! Anything! It doesn't always work, but more often than not, once I get going, the rest falls together.

You did a great job! Pat yourself on the back!