Wednesday 1 August 2007

busy playing in studio

I've been having fun playing on the longarm. Done lots of practice on that practice piece, just rolling it back and forward using different colour thread each time. I've also managed to do three charity quilts which will go to Appin Hall. Two of them have been taken by friends to put the binding on and the other one is still here so I will take a photo of it later. Been a bit MS-y the last couple of weeks with muscle spasms and twitches during the night, so not getting much sleep. Consequently not getting as much done during the day as I would like. Oh well.


Thought I'd tell you what my wonderful husband did on Sunday. I went back to bed after lunch on Sunday, and Murray said he'd wake me up in time for afternoon tea. I jokingly said "a bikkie with a cup of tea would be nice. You can make some if you like, there's a recipe under one of the magnets on the front of the fridge." When I got up, there was the lovely smell of home made biscuits wafting up the hallway. Yum! (In case you noticed in the photo, he is a West Coast Eagles supporter. He was living in Perth when the team was formed and has followed them ever since.)


Here's the recipe. When we were in Canada lots of the coffee shops sold Oatmeal Raisin Cookies and I developed quite a liking for them. When we got home I had a look on the internet for a recipe and found one that we adapted a bit, and we really like.


Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

6oz butter

1/2 cup sugar

3/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 1/4 cups plain flour

1 teaspoon bicarb soda

3/4 teaspoon cinnamon

2 3/4 cups rolled oats

1 cup raisins


Cream butter and sugars until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Sift dry ingredients and gradually beat into butter mixture. Stir in oats and raisins. Drop by spoonfuls on biscuit trays. Bake 8-10 minutes at 190deg. The cookies will still be slightly soft, but nicely browned. Cool slightly on trays, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

AJMC said...

I love biscuits that combine rolled oats and cinnamon. I'll give these a go this weekend. Nothing like personal endorsement for a recipe to be successful.