Wednesday 7 November 2007

more stuff on choose-day challenge

Just responding to a few questions. If I forget one, please let me know.

How do you join the challenge? It's a very informal challenge. There are no lists of participants, or application process. If you decide you would like to do the challenge, just go right ahead. At this stage there are a few friendly folks who have said they would like to join the fun, and it seems most have blogs so they can post photos at the end of the month.

How did I come up with a list of words? Some are from other challenge groups, some are from drawing challenges, some are words that have some meaning for me, some are words that I just like the sound of LOL. Some might prove difficult to interpret, and some will be much more straightforward. Some will be really easy. So far there are about 130 words in the 'choose-day box' and I've thought of quite a few more since.

Am I aware of the fast friday fabric challenge group? Yes, and some of the work produced is amazing! The problem I have (and this is purely a personal thing) is just having a week to produce a quilt. You may have read in my blog that I have multiple sclerosis. In my case, it affects information processing and problem solving. This meant that I had only just thought of an idea when the week allowed was almost over. I never had time to finish anything. So having almost a month instead of a week will take the pressure off.

Now a question for you guys. If quite a few people want to join in, would it be better to start a formal group (like a yahoo group)? Or maybe a blog where everyone can post their photos (like the fffc group). I'd like to hear what you think about this. Thanks for any comments.

Now I'm off to work on my 'connection' quilt. I'm actually planning on doing some hand quilting on it, which I haven't done since I took a machine quilting class in February 2000.

5 comments:

Kimberly Davis said...

I'd be willing to join a group. I probably would prefer a blog to a Yahoo Group, but am happy to do whatever.

Lisa said...

Hi Cat

You can count me in on the challenge and add New Zealand to the list now. I've been collecting fabrics and embellishments for most of the year with something "creative" (I say that loosely) in mind and the idea of your monthly challenge really appeals.

A blog might be fun, and it's certainly an easy way to share pictures. What about a blog ring in most participants already have blogs?

Lisa in New Zealand

Anonymous said...

Cat, what about a ring circle, like Scatterdaisies (a word/photo challenge) or even SCQuilters. That way, those who choose to participate can join in the ringsurf blogring, and have the code on their pages for people to be able to surf through the various member blogs.

Krishna said...

Dear Cat, good to see a few people interested in your idea. I think a blog, but happy to do what you like. Better get started. Krishna

SunnyDelight said...

I like the idea of doing a challenge a month. I just created a blog this morning so that I would be able to post pictures of the "Connections" Quilt at the end of the month. I still work full time (interior design in a FABRIC SHOP) and don't always have as much time as I would like to work/quilt/create AND do the computer part of staying 'connected'. But I would love to be part of a circle of creativity...