Monday 25 December 2006

quiet here for the last couple of weeks

It's been an eventful couple of weeks here. Unfortunately none of it has been on the quilting front. On the 12th of December I had an appointment with my neurologist. He ordered another MRI as my MS has been coming up with some symptoms which indicate cognitive dysfunction. Mainly memory and information processing stuff. Things like forgetting which streets I have to take to drive home from my closest friends house, and not being able to figure out how to put a toilet deodoriser in the toilet. I often have trouble translating the noises that people make when they speak into actual words. If there is background noise or more than one persom speaking at a time, then I may as well forget it! It is very distressing sometimes, and frustrating all the time.

The day after that, I felt sort of queasy after dinner, then in the middle of the night I had the worst case of gastro ever. Ended up being taken to hospital by ambulance at 3.30am. Murray called the paramedics out and they decided to take me to hospital because they couldn't get a blood pressure reading. What fun! (NOT)

A side effect of having a fever is that my MS decided to act up as well. My mouth doesn't do what I want it to, so my speech is quite slurred. I sound like I'm drunk, and I haven't even had the pleasure of drinking. Sometimes it's not so bad, but sometimes it's very noticeable. My neurologist thinks it will only last 3-4 weeks, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

It's Christmas today so 'Merry Christmas' everyone. A quiet day here with Murray and I spending our last Christmas in this house. Someone has got to buy it soon (she says optimistically).

No comments: