Sunday 1 July 2007

what I'm working on now

I've started a new quilt top this week. I have a bag that was made in India out of cut up pieces of embroidered silks and I wanted to match the colours of the quilt to the bag. I just love the richness of the colours! The photos made the bag look a bit pink. The pink areas are actually red in real life.


I got fairly close, or at least as close as I could considering all the fabric came out of my stash. I chose a pattern that looked fairly easy to construct if you don't consider the number of 1.75" squares that I had to cut - 1056 of them. Then I had to draw a diagonal line on the back of all of them (aaarrgh). I used to just sort of finger press them and stitch on the fold, but I can't see the fold well enough now. I have started stitching today so I feel as if I'm making progress. I hope to have the bulk of it together by the end of the week because that's when the longarm machine is due to arrive. I would still be stitching now if it wasn't so c-c-cold in the studio. There's a guy coming tomorrow to look at the heater out there. He thinks it just needs re-gassing so we're keeping our fingers crossed.


My MS is playing up at the moment. Muscle spasms in my arms (mainly in the middle of the night)and tremors in my arms during the day. What fun. The surface of my legs and lower back is going numb as well, and the good old 'MS hug' has lasted all day for the last week or so instead of just an hour when I get up. I know I'm having a flare up but I'm trying to out last it if I can. Oh well, things could be worse. I can still make quilts .
see ya
cat

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Much sympathy on the MS tremors etc- that must really be a pain - ummm - yeah. All those little squares - can't wait to see the quilt!