Thursday 4 January 2007

mctavishing




On Monday morning I was feeling a bit uninspired. Sat around looking at books for a while before deciding to finish off a UFO. The one I chose was a top I made in 2001 as a class sample but had never finished. So....I thought I would try free form feathers and mctavishing. I have been drooling over a book called Mastering the Art of McTavishing by Karen McTavish.

Here a some photos of my first attempts. The photos aren't as good as they could be, sorry. I'm now debating whether I need to do some micro stippling around the feathers to make them stand out. What do you think?

I don't know if I will be motivated to finish more UFO's - there is a 'little' stack of them. Quite a few of them are traditional-style quilts, and my focus at the moment is more contemporary in nature - but you never know. After looking through Karen McTavish's books, I'm sort of tempted to start a wholecloth quilt - or maybe a wholecloth table runner?

3 comments:

Lisa Walton said...

Great blog Cat

Jenny Bowker said...

I can't see the photos - don't know why as the ones further down are fine.

Jenny

Helen said...

Great quilting. Did you use a variegated thread? I found your blog via scquilters